Monday 2 December 2013

Family, Ganesha



Shree Ganesha of my blog!!!



It is not just about the God Ganesh, but it is about Biggining. The lord Ganesh is the God whom people pray before beginning of any important work. So I am remembering him to begin before my first blog post. When we begin it is said  in my mother tongue i.e. Marathi, as "Shree Ganesha zala ka?" meaning did you begin?


Every year we with our children have Shree Ganesh Festival at home. We have all Ten days festival. Once me and my husband decided to have it for lesser no. of days. say five or one and half days. But my kids strongly opposed with our idea in fact they completely ignored it. And said, " we will keep celebrating it every year and with full ten days. "





So, every year we bring Shree Ganesh idol at home. As my kids or everyone from the family gets time we plan our 10 days celebration. Kids woke up early in the morning for all these days. And help me in decorations and Arati and Prasadam (offering). This God is also called as The God of Wisdom.

When I was small me and my sister we used to ask a lot of questions to our grandmother. She was a poet and used to read a lot. She used to go to temples to give away Nirupana  (teaching with explanation) on Dasbodha, and Shri Bhagwat Gita, also Dnyaneshwari. and Many other Granthas (Holy books) in Hindu Religion. She was supposed to be very knowledgeable person regarding Gods in our family. When my sister and me went to her. She immediately said, "Sagala khaoo Sampla." (The whole sweets-meets are over). But when she understood that we have a question to ask and that though related with the God. She became very happy.

Our Question was Why the Lord Ganesha is called as the Lord of Wisdom? 

A small sigh…. And the things she said…. which is immensely important … when I remember this story I always feel that I am so so fortunate to have grand - mother like her who was having a very practical approach towards life. Those things are still relevant to me as human being, as student of psychology and also as learner and trainer of Emotional Intelligence. 

She said, "If you observe this God carefully, you will find he is having very unique features. very different than other Gods and Goddesses.  Actually he is showing and giving us a message through his uniquely designed organs.  Look at his nose, his ears, his eyes,  they all are telling us something.

She explained in Marathi language the following three things….
1. As soon as possible try to reach closer to the situation.  For that keep your all important organs open. So as he is having Long nose, and big ears. and small eyes, also his big stomach, his four hands, and he has a vehicle called mouse, with all these he  is observing very closely and trying to notice every single detail about the happening around him. 

2. And then collect the information. Do not immediately come on to the conclusion. First understand about it.

3. Become aware about the world. about the things happening around you.  That is the reason this God is called as The god of Wisdom."

The message she gave through her wisdom and to answer our question was amazing and similar to the learning I am having today, the science we learn today.

So let us all become aware more and more every time  to know and understand better.  See you in the another Note next time.







No comments :

Post a Comment