Sunday 8 December 2013

Family , Learning

:: My Grand Pas' ::

My Paternal Grand Pa.. I have never seen him, I only know that, he was one of those handful of people who have studied RIG-VEDA. Not only studied but it was MUKHADGATM (By Heart) by him. He used to be invited by many people to recite RIG-VEDA. He is the one who has started VEDA-SHALA (VEDA-SCHOOL) in Mahal area at Nagpur. And was one of the board of directors. His name is still there in the school board.


My Maternal Grand Pa.. He used to come to us in almost every summer holiday. He was an engineer in Railways. Whenever he used to come he used to teach us English and Mathematics. Teaching was his hobby. He had a lot of students. We were very unique students; we used to get all his attention + Chocolates + learning with fun. He never forced his ideas on us. He used to keep his idea slowly in front of us. And used to take our opinion on it; rather it was his style of taking our agreement. 


His visits were delights for us. He used to take us with him for evening walks almost everyday. Every time we used to take new root. Sometimes River, or  Green fields, sometimes Mango trees. On our way back home he used to bought us sugar-cane juice. He was very lovely and lively person. 


While teaching sometimes I still remember he had become a very strict teacher. I mean he kept me hanging for one full day to know correct answer.  Once he gave me something to read, and I was not knowing the pronunciation, he didn't tell me correct answer, he said, keep trying and find out on your own up till tomorrow by 11am. And as time passed I started crying. He did call me and asked me what happened but said try on your own.


If ever you cannot find out the answer then and only then go to appropriate people to ask.  But if you don't try and still you go to people then they may not even help you. Because they don't know your perseverance and your willing to take efforts. So do not stop Trying. Keep trying. This is a message which made a big difference in my life.


I feel privileged to have GrandMas', and GrandPas' who were doing a lot of things in that age and quite ahead of us.

No comments :

Post a Comment